Join us for the 2nd Annual Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival & Bicycle Show
Sunday May 15, 2016 11am to 5pm
at Kelley Park’s History Park, 635 Phelan Avenue, San José
A Collaboration between History San José, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine, Pops Fabrication, Petite Galleria and Santa Clara Valley Brewing
Admission to the public is $5, kids five and under are free and $5 per show bike
Come join our Valley’s racing, road, recumbent, mountain, BMX, cargo biking, custom, cruiser, fixed gear, low rider, recreation and bike polo playing communities, clubs, riding groups and their families for a day of celebrating cycling and its history, family fun, community building, and an off-the-hook bicycle show by Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine & Pops Fabrication.
*Food Trucks * Craft Beer * Kids’ Space * Bicycle Show * Free Valet Bike Parking * Expo*
*BMX Stunt Riding * Demo’s * Amazing Vendors * Edifying Talks * History Exhibit*
Sound & Music by Guerillaz in Da Mixx
Please join our Facebook page!
2016 Silicon Valley Bikes Festival Highlights
- Meet the Santa Clara Valley’s cycling clubs and riding groups; enjoy roller racing and bike polo demonstrations. Repair and Maintenance Clinics!
- Thrill to shows by BMX stunt riders! hosted by the City of San José’s Active Sports Program.
- Enjoy Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s hand crafted beer, food truck fare, picnic areas, historical buildings and music by DJ Gorillaz in da Mixx and the San José Bike Party sound bikes
- Tours of the Silicon Valley Bikes! exhibit and historic talks by celebrity cyclists TBA
- Family Activities: A kids’ space with free games, prizes, art activities, face painting and helmet give-aways hosted by Our City Forest, the Children’s Discovery Museum, the City of San José’s Department of Transportation’s Safe Streets Program and the San José Public Library’s Summer Reading Program and Bike Tours
- A spectacular and “off the hook” bicycle show hosted by Matt Rodriquez of Pops Fabrication and Joe Rodriquez, photographer and publisher of Gooseneck Bicycles Magazine
- Amazing vendors with a bicycling, hand crafted and local focus
- Visit our Cargo Bike Village, take a test drive and learn about their possibilities, generously hosted by Rene Netter and the Bay Area Cargo Bike Collective.
- An Artisans market featuring bicycle themed art and craft by local artists, artisans and craft persons, generously hosted by April Gee of the Petite Galleria
- Public Meeting with the Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committees (BPACs) of Santa Clara County’s cities & the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), generously organized by Greg Unangst, a member of both the VTA and Mountain View BPACs.